Robert Gradel Law Blog

robertgradel by robertgradel @
When a person comes to the United States to marry a citizen, an eight page  form called an I-864 must be signed by the sponsoring person. It is a three party contract (immigrant, citizen, government) that obligates the future spouse to pay the immigrant not less than 125% of the federal poverty line each month ($1,214.79). This obligation does not end if there is a divorce. If a Declaratory Judgment action is filed as part of the divorce, the judge is required to award the spousal support. In most cases, the support continues until the immigrant spouse has been employed for ten years.
12345 ... 10
New Post
feeds Feeds